Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Presentations

I have really enjoyed watching all of the presentations this week. Although many were very interesting, I picked my three favorite to talk about.
I really liked the presentation on the benefits of dark chocolate. I am an avid fan of this type of cocoa, but learning some health facts about it just made it that much more sweeter to me. Lowering blood pressure is always a goal of mine, and I believe dark chocolate has this effect because I always eat it when I am stressed in an effort to relax. Knowing that dark chocolate also contains antioxidants that help decrease the risk of heart disease was uplifting, and looking back on my amount of dark chocolate consumption, I should be heart disease free! Finally, the piece of Dove chocolate was a nice touch that left a lasting impression on my taste buds.
The next presentation that really stuck with me was the one on how to properly serve wine. It was a neat concept to me because I didn't realize it was such an intricate process. From making sure the neck of the bottle doesn't touch the glass to checking the cork for mold, each detail really does enhance the wine drinking experience. I know next time I order wine at a restaurant I will make sure the waiter is doing everything properly. The handout at the end was cool and will help me in knowing what wine to pair with what time of meal- something I did not know before.
The last presentation I chose was the one on visiting South Africa. I have never been out of the United States, and this country appealed to me. It had beaches and grasslands, with all types of animals from Lions to Penguins! The restaurant she talked about also seemed out of the Jungle Book, with the dining being up in tree houses. I liked hearing one of the 11 languages from South Africa, and I actually recognized it because it was in the same language of a song I sang in high school chorus. After looking at the pictures and hearing the clip of a language being spoken, I was really motivated to make it my goal to visit one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I just wanted to say that I LOVED your presentation! It was so entertaining, and so so true! You did a great job.

Callie said...

Your presentation was great! I loved the facebook rap and the pocket guide. You did a great job and definitely made me laugh.

Taylor D. said...

Lauren,
I loved your presentation! I thought it was completely appropriate for the audience (us!) and sooo funny! Now when I find someone I want to stalk I have my pocket guide handy!