Monday, September 8, 2008

Response to articles

The first article that I read was How To Get Answers To 5 Key Questions Before Taking A Job. I found this to be a very insightful article, with an interesting approach to the whole interview concept. It suggested questions that you should walk around and ask employees working for potential company in order to get a more personal, inside look at the job. Before reading that article I had never even thought that it was appropriate to do that, but know I realize as long as the employer says it is ok, I can do it. It also brought to my attention that if the employer says I may not ask questions to others in the office, it may be a good indicater that something isn't quite right with the company, or the employee's level of satisfaction.

The second article I read was How To Deal With Interview Stress. I thought this article was a little more conventional with its ways of how to calm down before an interview, but yet methods that have proved to work for years. The most useful tip that I found in the article was about not arriving too early, and obviously not arriving too late. I had never thought that arriving too early can cause more stress, but it makes sense. The longer you sit there, the longer you have to dwell on the interview. This can only cause more panic than necessary. Reading this article helped to remind me of certain things to be aware of during the interview process, like not crossing my legs, and not clenching my jaw which I tend to do when I get nervous. The techniques discussed can only help me improve on my interview.

No comments: