Monday, September 1, 2008

My life in 10 years...

In ten years I will be 31. That seems like such a long time from now, but I know that it will come sooner than I think.
I hope to get married soon after college, so I would see my husband and I being able to purchase our first home around this time. I would like to be living down South, either near Clemson or in Georgia, in a suburb. My house would be a farm style 2 story, with a beautiful white wrap around porch and swing. Outside the driveway would be parked my silver BMW, and we would have lots of yard space.
By then, I hope to have a good job that allows me to be financially stable. Right now my major is Sport Marketing, so I would love to have a job that involves working with sports. I hope, more specifically, that I am working as an event promoter for a farm league or even major league baseball team. If I were to make it to the big leagues, I would be working for the Atlanta Braves. Because I am such an avid lover of sports, I also see myself coaching a local high school volleyball team. That would give me something to do after work that I am passionate about.
However, I will not have too much free time, because by then I hope to have two kids, a boy and girl, who would be entering elementary school. I would start to get them involved in sports, and put them in a language program like I was place into, to give them a jump start on learning.
I imagine I will still be close to my family, and hopefully close enough to where we could visit my parents and sister's family for holidays. We are all die-hard Clemson fans, so football season would be an especially opportune time to be together and raise our children to bleed orange as well.
Basically, I hope to be happy in life, and able to still have dreams that I can hope to accomplish. It is scary to think about the future, but I feel I have had a firm foundation layed out for me to build mine on.

No comments: